ADOPTION CONSIDERATION PROCEDURE
If you see an animal you are interested in, please fill out an Adoption Application. If there isn’t a specific animal we have you want, fill out an application and specify the kind of dog or cat you are looking for. The animals in our adoption program change daily.
We will review the application and get in touch with you in a couple of days. We communicate with applicants via email. Please use the best email address for the application. Once an application is submitted make sure to check your email 2 times a day.
Applications are not processed through one person but by our whole rescue team. You may be in contact with multiple people. However, we communicate through the team so everyone knows whats going on once the application switches hands.
Please read our Adoption Procedures below. Due to the high volume of applications submitted every day, it may take up to 3 days for us to get back to you. Your patience is appreciated. Incomplete applications delay processing. If we have questions, we will email you.
We DO NOT hold animals for applicants. Submitting an application doesn’t secure an animals for you. If your application is approved, we will arrange a time a nd date for you to meet the animal(s) you are interested in. You may then take the animal(s) for a week home visit.If things work out, you come back and formally adopt the animal(s) a week later. If not, you may return the animal(s) to us at any time, no questions asked.
The Adoption Mission is “to improve the lives of suffering animals by practicing compassion and kindness.” To accomplish this mission all staff and volunteers adhere to a set of Values, which are published on our Web Site. “Customer Service Excellence” is our value that ensures we understand and meet the needs of suffering animals that have been saved. This procedure is designed to provide the best match of pet, to loving human companion. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
- The person wishing to adopt the dog/cat must fill out an adoption questionnaire. We do not do third party adoptions.
- Once the adoption questionnaire is completed, the adoptee will be interviewed by a designated Adoption Counselor.
- The Adoption Counselor will review the questionnaire and interview the adoptee. This is an important step because the Adoption Counselor has knowledge of the pet’s disposition and needs. The Counselor is responsible for matching the pet with the right loving human companion. Staff and volunteers have made financial and emotional investments in the rescued pets. PLEASE DOT NOT CONSIDER THIS A PERSONAL EVALUATION. It is a needs assessment of the pet, not you. Our goal is to find the best match for a healthy and happy long-term relationship.For example: some pets are good with other pets, others are not; some are good with children, some are not; many pets must remain inside; some dogs dig under fences and others climb fences; some pets have separation anxiety and will destroy your home when left alone.
- If the adoptee is considered a good match, a yard/home check will be conducted prior to signing the adoption contract. You must have a secure, fenced in yard at the time of adoption.
- All rescues will be spay/neutered as a condition of our adoption process. If a rescue is not spay/neutered at the time of adoption due to age or medical condition, the new adopter will pay a $300 deposit per animal. The adopter has 2 weeks within the pet being medically cleared to get the pet altered. If the pet is not altered within these two weeks, the animal will become the property of Zeus’ Rescues again. If the animal is altered within the 2 weeks of being medically cleared, the $300 will be returned to the adopter via the original payment method.
- When the contract has been signed and a charitable donation has been paid, to cover adoption fees, the animal and his medical records will be released to the adoptee.
- The adoptee will give visitation rights to ensure that the terms of the adoption agreement are being observed.
- DOG TRAINING: IF you adopt a dog, we strongly recommend you attend obedience training to learn how to manage your pet’s behavior. Our years of experience have proven dogs want to please you. Training will provide you the skills needed to understand your dog, which will ensure years of enjoyment.